Judicial Department of Fiji
The Judicial Department is made up of the Judiciary, the Magistracy, various Tribunals including the Small Claims Tribunal and Court Support Staff. The Head of the Judiciary is the Honourable Chief Justice. The Chief Magistrate heads the Magistracy and the Small Claims Tribunal while the Chief Registrar is the Chief Accounting Officer of the Department and heads the Court Support Staff.
The Judicial Department is situated in all major centres throughout Fiji. The Head Office is located in Suva. Lautoka and Labasa are the two other main High Court Centres.
The Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal are located at Suva. High Courts are located at Suva, Labasa and Lautoka. The High Court sits at each of the 3 main centres. There are 36 established Magistrates’ Courts and further scheduled Island sittings occur during the year. The Small Claims Tribunal has been established in the 3 major centres, Suva, Lautoka and Labasa, but Mobile Tribunal sittings now take place at scheduled times throughout the country.
The Judicial Department is committed to its stated Vision, Mission and Values set out in this website. The Department organizes regular training for its Staff and Judicial Officers so as to upskill continuously and maintain a strong course in its commitment to its Vision, Mission and Values.
An independent and impartial Judicial System for the Republic of Fiji.
To ensure a Judicial System that is Accessible, Efficient, Effective and Transparent.
* To develop an efficient, effective and transparent judicial system.
* To achieve the highest standards by providing an accessible system of justice through courts and tribunals.
* Facilitating community awareness.
The Department is committed to:
1. Good Governance - An accountable and responsible workforce.
2. Professionalism - Integrity, Timeliness, Honesty, Courtesy and Commitment.
3. Equity - Equal Treatment, Impartiality and Fairness.
4. Excellent Customer Service - Responsiveness and on time service delivery.
5. People Capital Development - Capacity building as per the Organisation’s needs.
6. Innovation & Creativity - Developing, Initiating, generating new ideas for growth.
7. Safe and Healthy Work Environment - Safety is integral to our culture.
8. Exemplary Leadership & Teamwork - Model, Inspire, Challenge, Enable, Encourage
Statement of Commitment
To serve justice in the community reaching out to the public by doing our job diligently, efficiently and in a timely manner.
iTaukei Version - Click Here